Página 12 de 16 PrimerPrimer ... 21011121314 ... ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 111 al 120 de 159

Tema: I need to practice my english. We can help each other.

Virasana Avatar de nekete
    Cita Iniciado por Gatos.urbanos Ver mensaje
    It usually happens that when you choose the UK for a better accent you find that not everybody speaks with a perfect accent over there. You find many cockney and geordie accents, among others. Unless you are sure of the place you are going to ( e.g. places around a good university) you have to be careful about accents. It usually happens also that in small towns or cities with good universities you find plenty of survival jobs.
    Yes, I know it. But imagine there are an American and an Australian and a British talking each other.

Would you recognize their nationalities by their accents¿¿ I´m sure you would.

So that´s the accent I want for me. The British one.

Edit. I mean the standard accent. The Queen accent. The accent of the tv journalists.

Cita Iniciado por diana_asturiana Ver mensaje
    Well, we are also thinking about travelling abroad; in Spain we don't find job anymore, it's quite exasperating...

We would like to go somewhere not too far away. An English-speaker country if possible. We'll see.

Nekete and Metódico, if you two find job easily, just tell us!! In some months you may have a great Spanish group living with you

Nekete: when you write down nationalities you must use capital letters, as for instance: English, Spanish... And for saying "two times", use better the word "twice". Once = one time; twice = two times; and then, three times, four times and so on
    Oh, for sure. I´ll tell my British adventure here...

So, do I have to say "I´ve been in England twice in my life"¿¿

Vegan Republic Avatar de Gatos.urbanos
    Cita Iniciado por nekete Ver mensaje
    Yes, I know it. But imagine there are an American and an Australian and a British talking each other.

Would you recognize their nationalities by their accents¿¿ I´m sure you would.

So that´s the accent I want for me. The British one.

Edit. I mean the standard accent. The Queen accent. The accent of the tv journalists.
    All right, I understand now what you mean in full. You want the kind of English language that is eclectic and alive and that is very nice.
    The standard accent, the Queen´s English or R.P. ( Received Pronunciation) sounds wonderful but it is not so easy to find (sadly).

Anyway, I would recommend a visit to Ireland: the people are lovely, the accent sounds beautiful and they are not as cold and distant as the English.
    Última edición por Gatos.urbanos; 03-nov-2012 a las 14:45

Can you recommend me a good dictionary Spanish-English¿¿

I always thought that the Irish accent was terrible to understand.

And do you know about that examinations called TOEFL and a few more... Do you know which one is the best or the most important or accepted¿¿

And do you know about that examinations called TOEFL and a few more... Do you know which one is the best or the most important or accepted¿¿
    About Irish accent, I suppose it depends on which part you go to. I've been to Cork, in the south coast, and people can be understood quite fine; but I met a man from the north and it was very difficult to me. He used to say something like "tree" and he wanted to say "three", so he had a really strong accent :eing: But it is true that Irish people are quite similar to us, here in the north of Spain.

I don't know much about official exams, but I can tell you that TOEFL is almost essential if you want to go to the United States, but no so important in Europe. It is a good exam, of course (a high level), but there are many others. When you arrive there you'll have the time to guess out which one is better for your plans

And yes, nekete, you should say you've been to England twice in your life, for example
    No tengo todo calculado ni mi vida resuelta,
    sólo tengo una sonrisa y espero una de vuelta...

Cita Iniciado por diana_asturiana Ver mensaje
    About Irish accent, I suppose it depends on which part you go to. I've been to Cork, in the south coast, and people can be understood quite fine; but I met a man from the north and it was very difficult to me. He used to say something like "tree" and he wanted to say "three", so he had a really strong accent :eing: But it is true that Irish people are quite similar to us, here in the north of Spain.

I don't know much about official exams, but I can tell you that TOEFL is almost essential if you want to go to the United States, but no so important in Europe. It is a good exam, of course (a high level), but there are many others. When you arrive there you'll have the time to guess out which one is better for your plans

And yes, nekete, you should say you've been to England twice in your life, for example
    Oh, you are so nice. Thanks a lot, darling. ;]

The Irish accent is terrible if you go into the country side, but in places like Dublin, for example, the accent is crystal clear and the people, lovely to the bone ( although men have huge ears ^^).

As for examinatios, I would recommend taking the Cambridge exams: Preliminary English Test ( or PET) which is level B1, or First Certificate (B2). They are goods exams and they are valid all over the world. With a First Certificate level you can go anywhere. I have some books for self study, if you are interested let me know .

As for the dictionaries, it depends what do you need them for, are you looking for a pocket dictionary, a big one, something with grammar hits? My favourite is Oxford but is is quite a big thing, not likely to be carried on you bag ^^.

Vegano de Nivel Ocho Avatar de Dethvader
    Cita Iniciado por Gatos.urbanos Ver mensaje
    Anyway, I would recommend a visit to Ireland: the people is lovely, the accent sounds beautiful and they are not as cold and distant as the English.
    The people are lovely.

Cita Iniciado por Dethvader Ver mensaje
    The people are lovely.
    Corrected! Thanks a lot !

Recién llegad@...

work as au pair

Well I have many nannies who are working in London looking to improve their English. It is an option

Página 12 de 16 PrimerPrimer ... 21011121314 ... ÚltimoÚltimo