Resultados 1 al 6 de 6
    Recién llegad@...

Recommendations - Solo trip to Southeast Asia - Most vegetarian friendly countries

Hello everyone!
    I am planning to do a solo trip in Southeast Asia for 2-3 months and I would like to ask which are the most vegetarian friendly countries.
    If someone could recommend some specific restaurants that would be awesome.

My original idea of the trip would be Thailand -> Malaysia -> Vietnam -> Cambodia -> and back to Thailand.

Thank you in advance!

Virasana Avatar de nekete
    Absolutely all of the are vegetarian friendly. Maybe Thailand is the most friendly of all of them. And I say vegetarian, not vegan.

Recién llegad@...
    Thank you so much!

Virasana Avatar de nekete
    Cita Iniciado por MisterPaton Ver mensaje
    Thank you so much!
    I did the same solo trip you are going to do many years ago so I guess those countries must be by now still more vegetarian and vegan friendly. You are going to find many vegetarian and vegan restaurants as well as a lot of street food. Just take care with the sauces, I don't know why they love to put whatever in there, like mini prawns, very very tiny.

But as I say they must be very used to tourists asking for 'veggie' options by now. If you are going to any place out of the tourist circuit just tell them all the ingredients you don't want in your food. Nowadays having a smart phone where you can use the google translator and you can even activate the voice option is very easy to make yourself understood. I remember Thailand as a place where people didn't speak a good english so I guess your are going to use it more than once.

But trust me, don't be worried, food is not going to be a problem.

Recién llegad@...
    Cita Iniciado por nekete Ver mensaje
    I did the same solo trip you are going to do many years ago so I guess those countries must be by now still more vegetarian and vegan friendly. You are going to find many vegetarian and vegan restaurants as well as a lot of street food. Just take care with the sauces, I don't know why they love to put whatever in there, like mini prawns, very very tiny.

But as I say they must be very used to tourists asking for 'veggie' options by now. If you are going to any place out of the tourist circuit just tell them all the ingredients you don't want in your food. Nowadays having a smart phone where you can use the google translator and you can even activate the voice option is very easy to make yourself understood. I remember Thailand as a place where people didn't speak a good english so I guess your are going to use it more than once.

But trust me, don't be worried, food is not going to be a problem.
    Thanks nekete!
    Very much appreciated the level of details!
    That makes me feel calmer, already working on the planes/accommodation! I will be sharing some pictures of the food!

Recién llegad@...

Give it a try to pad thai and -if you find because it's from Indonesia- nasi & mie goreng!