PDA

Ver la versión completa : Cannibal pasta recipe with "freshly ground black people" (C)

VeG
23-abr-2010, 17:08
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/100417/K041704AU.html

Aussie publisher reprinting cookbook after recipe typo calls for 'freshly ground black people'

Published: Saturday, April 17, 2010 | 11:11 PM ET
Canadian Press THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SYDNEY, Australia - An Australian publisher is reprinting 7,000 cookbooks over a recipe for pasta with "salt and freshly ground black people."

Penguin Group Australia's head of publishing, Bob Sessions, acknowledged the proofreader should have caught the "silly mistake."

He told The Sydney Morning Herald for a story printed Saturday that, "We're mortified that this has become an issue of any kind and why anyone would be offended, we don't know."

The typo was in the "Pasta Bible" recipe for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto.

Sessions said the publisher would replace the book for any buyer "small-minded enough" to complain. The reprinting will cost 20,000 Australian dollars ($18,500).

There was no answer at Penguin's offices Sunday.

Alma_Animal
23-abr-2010, 17:20
WTF??!!

Anyway, it's shocking in terms of racism, but if it had said "salt and freshly ground people", I think I would have laughed. Quite loudly, in fact. If it's OK to use sardines and pigs, in my book it's OK to use humans. Feck 'em.

Avena
23-abr-2010, 20:04
I think it was good they put PEOPLE.... let´s see if with this people starts relating "people" with "animals". Maybe they´ll start recognizing that RACISM and ESPECISM is the same thing !