PDA

Ver la versión completa : Morrissey collapses during show

Alma_Animal
25-oct-2009, 13:11
Former Smiths singer Morrissey has been taken to hospital after collapsing on stage with breathing difficulties.

Eyewitnesses said the 50-year-old fell to the floor during a performance of his former band's song This Charming Man at Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon.

Two of his current band's members took him off stage and an ambulance took him to Great Western Hospital, where his condition was described as "stable".

The singer has cancelled several dates this year because of illness.
'Reclusive character'

Jillian Moody, who was at the concert, said initially the crowd was not aware of how serious the singer's condition was.

"It was interesting because a lot of people around us had bought tickets for Morrissey concerts earlier in the year," she said.

"He has cancelled numerous concerts so they just thought that, you know, he had gone off but would be returning.

"I didn't think he looked particularly well but then again, he's sort of well known as a reclusive character so I sort of thought that was just the way he was when he was on stage.

"He kept putting his hand up to his mouth as if he felt sick or... perhaps he was trying to hide something, but he didn't look particularly comfortable."
'Conscious patient'

A Great Western Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "Just after 9pm we got a call to a 50-year-old who was reported to be suffering from respiratory problems and was unconscious.

"We sent a paramedic in a double-crewed ambulance.

"When they arrived they found a conscious patient who was not feeling well at all.

"They made an initial assessment and took him to the Great Western Hospital for further assessment."

A spokesman for Swindon's Great Western Hospital said: "Morrissey was brought in to the Accident and Emergency department this evening.
"He has been seen by the medical team. At this stage his condition is stable."

His tour is due to move onto its European leg next month, including gigs in the Netherlands, France, Belguim, Germany and Ireland before moving on to nine dates in the United States.

Source: bbc.co.uk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8324492.stm

runner
12-nov-2009, 13:34
any idea how he is now? and why this happened?

CarrotRope
12-nov-2009, 14:08
Well, I've just read he continued his UK tour after that problem, but quit his last show after only two songs after being thrown a drink by someone in the audience. He could sing that line of "November spawn a monster..." about this last incident, what awful last weeks for him :(
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/morrissey-quits-final-uk-show-after-fan-throws-drink_1121658

runner
13-nov-2009, 14:25
looks like he has some weird fans

:eing:

didn't went to his show when I was in amsterdam €80,-

not sure if I would pay this price if he would come to Madrid.

would like to see him.

CarrotRope
13-nov-2009, 20:48
80 euros!!! Wow, I don't think I would pay that much to see anybody live, unless I had garanteed access to the front row and the chance to request my fave songs :D And even so, hmm, I'm not sure.