1c sun Dried Tomatoes
2c fresh Tomatoes
1 soft date
1 clove garlic
1T lemon juice
3T olive oil
5 large basil leaves
¼c water

- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.

Almond Polpetta

1c almonds, soaked
2T nutritional yeast
½t salt
2t lemon juice
¼c salsa finta
3T fresh, chopped parsley
1T Italian herbs
¼c onion

- Grind the almonds to crumbs, in a food processor.

- Add remaining ingredients and process again until thoroughly mixed.

- Form into small balls and dehydrate for 6 hours or until they are slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.

To serve

Take a couple of handfuls of mixed leaves per person (a mix of rocket & chard is great), and mix with strips of courgette (zucchini) pasta. To make enough courgette pasta for 4 people, use the following recipe:

4 medium courgette
¼c olive oil
2t salt

- Cut the courgette length-wise in a mandoline. Lay the strips on top of each other and, using a knife, cut them length-wise into fettuccini-style strips.

- Mix the strips with the olive oil and salt in a large bowl and allow to soften for a couple of minutes.

- Mix the polpetta with the salsa, and place even amounts on top of each courgette salad (the pasta strips and leaves, mixed) that you have arranged on the plates.

HDSVegan
07-oct-2009, 01:23
Soft Corn Tortillas

http://www.welikeitraw.com/photos/uncategorized/softcorntortillas_1.jpg

Soft Corn Tortillas
with spicy “beans,” avocado-corn guacamole and tomato-lime salsa

Serves 6

Ingredients

Corn Tortillas

* 3 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels
* 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Yellow or Red Bell Pepper
* 3/4 Cup Golden Flaxseed, Finely Ground
* 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
* 1 Tablespoon Ground Chili Powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
* 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin

Spicy "Beans"

* 1 1/2 Cups Sunflower Seeds
* 1 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
* 1 Tablespoon Miso
* 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
* 2 teaspoons Ancho Chili Powder
* 1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander
* 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
* 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
* 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
* 6 Tablespoons Filtered Water
* 1/2 to 1 Whole Jalapeno cored but with seeds chopped
* 3 Whole Green Onions
* 1 Small Handful Fresh Cilantro

Tomato Sauce

* 2 Cups Sun Dried Tomatoes
* 1 Small Tomato
* 1/4 Medium Onion
* 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
* 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
* Pinch Of Hot Pepper Flakes

Avocado-Corn Guacamole

* 3 ripe avocados, pitted
* 1 cup fresh corn kernels, cut from 1 ear (or use thawed frozen corn or simply omit)
* 1 large handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely minced
* 1 teaspoon sea salt

Tomato-lime Salsa

* 3 cups finely chopped, seeded tomatoes
* 3 tablespoons lime juice
* 1 handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped
* 1/2 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
* 3/4 teaspoon sea salt

Tart Sour Cream

* 1 cup coconut meat
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon white miso paste
* 1 cup filtered water
* 1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked for 1 to 2 hours
* 1 teaspoon sea salt

Assembly

* 3 Whole Limes

Preparation
Make this dish as spicy as you like. Don’t cut too deep into the corncobs or you’ll end up with those hard little pieces that get stuck in your teeth. When making the “beans,” keep in mind that they will be tossed with a mild tomato sauce, so the spiciness will be mellowed out. If you want to make them ahead of time, keep all the components separate and assemble at the last minute, as the tortillas will get soggy if left to sit too long. The flaxseed can be ground in a coffee or spice grinder or Vita-Mix with dry blade (it will yield about 1 cup ground flaxseed).

“We sometimes get large, skeptical men in the restaurant who may have been dragged in by a girlfriend or family member and who proudly insist ‘I’m a meat and potatoes guy!’ For them, I always recommend this particular dish. It’s very filling and hearty. Then I smile graciously as the same guys later inevitably tell me something like, ‘I thought I was going to have to go for a burger after this, but I’m really full!’ I’ve had so many variations of this conversation, and it’s always the tortillas that get the best response from the self-proclaimed ‘carnivores.” - SM

For the corn tortillas:

1 In a food processor, chop the corn and bell pepper. Add the remaining ingredients and process until almost smooth.

2 Divide the dough onto two Teflex-lined dehydrator trays and spread to the edges using an offset spatula. Dehydrate at 115 F for 3 to 4 hours. Flip the Teflex sheets over onto the tray and carefully peel away the Teflex. Place back in the dehydrator for about 2 hours.

3 When the tortilla is completely dry on both sides but still pliable, remove it from the dehydrator and place on a flat surface. Use a round cutter or small plate about 4 inches in diameter and trace around it with a knife to cut round tortillas. You should have about 9 tortillas per 14-inch tray. Keep the scraps to add to a salad or just eat them plain as a snack.

For the spicy “beans”:

1 In a food processor, grind the sunflower seeds, tomatoes, miso, cumin, chile powder, coriander, cayenne, olive oil, agave nectar, and sea salt until thoroughly combined. Add the water a few tablespoons at a time and process further for a wet dough-like consistency. Taste for seasoning. Add the jalapeno, green onions, and cilantro and pulse a few times to combine, but leave small bits of herbs.

2 Spoon the mixture onto 1 or 2 Teflex-lined dehydrator trays. You don’t need to smooth it out; leave it chunky on the tray but flat enough to fit under another tray. Dehydrate at 115 F overnight, or about 10 hours. If possible, about halfway through, flip the “bean” mix over so the undersides can dry -- this step is not totally necessary, as the mix will be combined with the wet tomato sauce anyhow. The mix should be dry on the outside and not too mushy, so it can be broken up into pieces.

For the tomato sauce:

1 Place all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and grind well to a thick sauce consistency.

2 Place the “bean” mix in a medium bowl and break up any larger pieces. Add the tomato sauce and toss to combine well. It should be thick and somewhat spreadable. If not using right away, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to a few days, if necessary.

For the avocado-corn guacamole:

In a medium bowl, mash the avocados well with a fork. Add the corn, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and salt and stir well to combine, If not using immediately, cover the surface of the guacamole with plastic wrap and refrigerate. This will only keep well for about a day or so.

For the tomato-lime salsa:

In a medium bowl, combine the salsa ingredients and taste for seasoning.

For the tart sour cream

In a blender, blend the coconut meat with the lemon juice, cider vinegar, miso, and 1/2 cup of the water until smooth. Add the soaked cashews and more water, 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until completely smooth (you may need more then 1 cup of water). Season with salt and blend further. Transfer to a squeeze bottle or covered container and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be kept for up to 2 or 3 days.

For the assembly:

3 limes for garnish
1 cup Tart Sour Cram

1 Lay the tortillas on a flat surface. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of the spicy “beans” and tomato sauce mixture on each tortilla, leaving a very thin rim at the edges. Top with a heaping tablespoon of guacamole. Fold the sides up to form a taco shape. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.

2 Cut each lime in half lengthwise (if you cut just on either side of the core of each lime, the sections are much easier to squeeze). Place a lime slice on each plate. Lay three filled tortillas against the lime and each other on the plates.

3 Top each tortilla with a heaping tablespoon of tomato-lime salsa and a drizzle of “sour cream.” As you eat them, squeeze a bit of the lime garnish on each one.

HDSVegan
07-oct-2009, 01:26
Raw Choccie Cupcakes

http://www.welikeitraw.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/11/15/rawcupcakes.jpg

1 cup walnuts, unsoaked
5 Medjool dates, unsoaked, pitted
1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon coconut oil, liquid form
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt

Process walnut and dates in a food processor until mixture sticks together.
Add sea salt, vanilla extract and almond extract.
Roll small eight balls out of the mixture and place each one in 1 ¼-inch baking cups.
Mold the sides of the baking cups around the balls and form into a cupcake shape.

COCONUT ICING
1 cup coconut pulp
½ cup agave nectar
¼ cup coconut water
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of sea salt

PINK ICING
1 tablespoon coconut icing
¼ teaspoon beet juice

LIGHT GREEN ICING
¼ teaspoon liquid chlorophyll

CHOCOLATE ICING
½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon maple syrup
¼ tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnish
1. Puree coconut pulp, coconut butter, agave nectar and water in the blender until you achieve a smooth consistency. Add vanilla extract and sea salt.
2 . In three small bowls, place 1 tablespoon each of the coconut icing.
3. In the first bowl add the beet juice and mix until the icing turns pink. In the second bowl, add the chlorophyll to the icing and mix until the icing turn light green. In the third bowl, add the cocoa powder and maple syrup to the icing, stir until it turns a dark brown.
4. Pour the remaining coconut icing in a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
5. Frost the cupcakes with the coconut icing

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_M8NP7SCKXlY/RxO3InKekWI/AAAAAAAAAcI/oKbcXjLPk_A/s320/raw+choccie+cupcakes.jpg

HDSVegan
07-oct-2009, 01:30
http://www.welikeitraw.com/.a/6a00d8341cedee53ef0115706f6eff970b-800wi

Carob Walnut Cookies

Makes 8 to 12 Cookies

Sweet raisins, malty carob, and rich walnuts are ground together to make a delicious, dark, sweet cookie. Packed with antioxidants, vitamin E, and EFAs, these cookies keep you trim and your skin radiant.

Ingredients

* 1 cup raisins
* 3/4 cup raw walnuts
* 1⁄4 cup raw carob powder
* 1 teaspoon mesquite powder (optional)
* 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt

Directions
Combine the raisins, walnuts, carob powder, mesquite powder if using, and salt in the food processor. Process until the dough begins sticking together.

Press the dough into 2-inch cookie cutters placed on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Shoot for a thickness of 1⁄3- to 1⁄2-inch. Or, make 1- to 1 1⁄2-inch balls and flatten.

Place the cookies in the freezer to chill and firm up for 30 minutes or more before serving or transferring to the fridge for serving later.

Will keep for many weeks in the fridge or freezer. Thaw 5 minutes before eating.

Crisha
07-oct-2009, 07:58
waw! nice and orginal, HDS, thanks! perhaps it would be nice if little by little you could translate them and put them into the raw-vegan recipes subforum, so more people could enjoy'em! I might help you if you want... :)

Mowgli
07-oct-2009, 10:00
waw! nice and orginal, HDS, thanks! perhaps it would be nice if little by little you could translate them and put them into the raw-vegan recipes subforum, so more people could enjoy'em! I might help you if you want... :)

Yes, please!!! :D

Micorriza
07-oct-2009, 14:16
:babas::babas::babas:

Snickers
07-oct-2009, 14:27
menos mal q todo eso esta en inglés, q si no se me iba a caer la baba de lo lindo :D

HDSVegan
07-oct-2009, 20:48

I love the idea, I want this subforum!!! :bien:

HDSVegan
07-oct-2009, 20:50
menos mal q todo eso esta en inglés, q si no se me iba a caer la baba de lo lindo :D

Y lo original de todo es que son recetas sin cocinar!! que delicias! hay millones y tienen una pinta!! que parecerian cocinadas y no es asi.

Yo jamas imagine que existian tantas recetas asi,si antes queria ser chef vegana ahora me apunto a raw chef y no es broma! voy a estudiarlo.